Class Length: Individually tailored
I was diagnosed with an ‘S’ shaped structural scoliosis at the age of 14 which I endured into my twenties, when to my incredible good fortune Yoga entered my life. This gave me an instantaneous, huge release of physical and emotional tension.
Unfortunately a car accident in 2008 left me with a whiplash injury to the thoracic spine. Yoga helped me manage the condition, but I turned a corner when I undertook Yoga for Scoliosis with Elise Browning Miller. This generated a catalytic release in the stuck muscles in my middle back and the pain from the injury dissolved! I enjoyed and ‘felt’ visible improvement to the symmetry and alignment of my back.
I continue to maintain my spinal freedom with daily practice of Yoga for Scoliosis. My experience has inspired me to teach Yoga for Scoliosis to children and adults.
Each One-to-One Session is carefully tailored to your unique curve/s and age. It is a combination of physical Hatha Yoga postures, breathing techniques (Pranayama) and deep relaxation.
This is achieved by stretching muscles that have become tight and perhaps painful, and strengthening muscles that have become weak. For Scoliosis sufferers, this type of Yoga practice will help ease pain, improve posture and strengthen muscles to support the spine.
- Feel more balanced and comfortable about your Scoliosis in your body and mind;
- Potentially help to reduce or stop the progression of your curve/s and spinal rotation;
- Alleviate stiffness, discomfort and pain;
- Improve your posture;
- Create muscular strength and balance and encourage your spine to lengthen;
- Help to De-rotate your spine and ribs;
- Empower yourself to take control of your health and well-being.
- Private one-to-one sessions are available for children and adults with major and minor Scoliosis. As this is a one-to-one service, feel free to contact the Clinic on 02890425517 or Gill, even if you aren’t in the Holywood area.